Check out the videos
In one single location and week, CGI.br and NIC.br will host important events that discuss issues directly connected to the Internet infrastructure in Brazil. Join us!
São Paulo enjoys a high-altitude tropical climate, with summer rains and an average temperature of from 19º to 27 ºC. In the summer it usually rains at the end of the afternoon.
Sao Paulo's Maps
Sao Paulo, Stay Another Day
Visit Sao Paulo
City Guides, Brochures and Suggested Activities
SPTrans is responsible for the bus lines in the city (http://www.sptrans.com.br/). Their website is only in portuguese, but their bus lines schedule database is integrated into Google Maps, so you can easily query the best bus lines for a given route.
Subway and Train
The train station that is closest to the meeting venue is Vila Olimpia, that's part of Line 9 (Emerald).
The Line 9 has acess to Subway Line 4 (Yellow) in Pinheiros Station and to Subway Line 5 (Lilac) in Santo Amaro Station.
CPTM Official Website: http://www.cptm.sp.gov.br/
Subway Official Website: http://www.metro.sp.gov.br/en/your-trip/index.aspx
Shopping Malls nearest to the meeting venue
- Shopping Vila Olímpia
R. Olimpíadas, 360
Tel. +55 11 3047-6002
- Shopping JK Iguatemi
Av. Pres. Juscelino Kubitschek, 2041 - Itaim Bibi
- Morumbi Shopping
Av. Roque Petroni Jr, 1089
Tel. +55 11 5189-4500
- Market Place
Avenida Dr. Chucri Zaidan, 902
- Shopping Eldorado
Avenida Rebouças, 3.970 – Pinheiros
Tel. +55 11 3819-0688
Useful & Emergency phone numbers
MILITARY POLICE: 190
CIVIL POLICE: 147
PHONE BOOK SERVICE: 102
MAIL (LOST AND FOUND): (11) 3003-0100
CONSUMER RIGHTS: 151
CRIME STOPPERS HOTLINE: 181
Tourist Police Station (Deatur) - headquarters
Rua da Cantareira, 390 - Centro, São Paulo – SP
Tel.: +55 11 3257-4475
Monday to Sunday: 8am to 8pm
Deatur - Guarulhos Airport
Tel.: +55 11 2611-2686
Office hours: 24 hours
Deatur - Congonhas Airport
Tel.: +55 11 5090-9032 / 5090-9043 / 5090-9041 / 5090-9038
Office hours: 24 hours
As in any big city, personal safety is an important consideration. Hence:
• Keep an eye on your luggage. Use large and colorful labels to identify them easily on airport conveyor belts or delivery booths.
• Exchange your money only in exchange houses in airports or authorized banking agencies. Do not accept help from strangers, such as porters and agents in airports.
• Only use official taxi stands or taxis from the cooperatives recommended by the event organization. Always keep the windows of your vehicle up, particularly at night, and always ask your cab driver to keep valuable belongings, such as laptops in the trunk.
• Always keep your belongings in sight, particularly in open areas, like restaurants, snack bars, parks and even in the event’s venue. Don’t let purses, bags or cameras hanging on chairs or on the floor.
• Don’t disclose your personal data to unknown persons
• Avoid carrying passports and travelers checks when you go for a walk or a drive. In the event of a lost, theft or robbery, report the fact immediately to the local police.
• Don’t wear expensive looking jewelry and watches. The same applies to large amounts of money; try to have the right money separated in advance for small expenses.
• For your peace of mind, use the hotel’s safe to keep valuable objects, your documents, passport and airplane tickets, and use photocopies of your documents when you go out.
• If you go out for a walk or to public and open areas, keep your belongings near your body and avoid going out alone. Please refrain from going out on the streets carrying your notebook or other electronic devices.
If you need to go to an ATM machine, preferably use those located in malls (shopping centers) or banks. Avoid cash machines on streets or dark places. If you need help, always ask an employee of the bank.
Events Team - NIC.br